Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) developed due diligence questionnaires to help investors understand and evaluate infrastructure investment managers’ approaches to integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their investment practices, and to understand where responsibility for doing so lies within the investment manager’s organization. Diligend allows the digitization, customization and distribution to managers of the PRI DDQs through a secured dedicated portal.
The DDQs focus on the following areas:
- Policy and strategy – the overarching approach to responsible investment
- Governance and resourcing – who is involved in implementing the strategy and what support do they have
- Pre-investment – the steps taken during an acquisition to integrate ESG factors
- Post-Investment or Portfolio management – the systems in place to manage ESG factors for existing assets
- Monitoring and reporting – the communication channels between the manager and investors