Updated On: 1 March 2020
For purposes of this Agreement,
- “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at www.diligend.com.
- “Services” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can use to conduct due diligence and monitoring.
- The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company.
- “You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
I. Information we Collect:
- Your name, email address, phone number, place of work, company and title;
- Information about your professional background and qualifications.
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide our Services.
II. How Does the Company Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information, when you:
- visit, browse, and use our Website using cookies and trackers;
- fill in registration and other forms;
- send us an email with personal information;
- contact us with any enquiries;
- use any services of Diligend;
- chat with us in customer support form;
- submit any content (e.g. feedback, questionnaires or other User Content);
- provide any information to the Company using other methods;
- subscribe or unsubscribe to our newsletters.
- information about you is available in public data sources;
- information about you is distributed from event organizers for event you that you attended;
- information about you is provided by companies selling professional contact information to their subscribers.
When you visit our Website and use our Services, we may automatically receive some information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device which has accessed it (example PC, tablet);
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .eu, .uk, etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the previous website visited;
- the average duration of page view;
III. Anonymous visitation to the Site
Our Website can be visited anonymously. The Website may process anonymous metadata through cookies such as the URL of the requested file, the amount of data transferred, the date and time of the request from the User, Internet browser information, operating system type, the IP address of the used device, the Internet service provider, reference links such as user clicks on certain links. This metadata cannot be used by the Website to obtain Personal Information. This information is only used by the Company for general purposes, such as technical improvements, statistical and marketing analysis.
You may use the settings within your browser to control cookies or prevent accepting some or all cookies. To find out more useful information on how to block cookies using different browsers, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can block or delete all or some cookies. However, blocking or deleting cookies may limit your use of full advantages of our Website.
V . Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. Does Diligend collect personal information of minors?
Diligend does not knowingly provide Services and collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Services are intended for use only by professionals who are generally 18 years of age and over. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of an individual under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
VII. In what cases Diligend shares your personal information?
Diligend may share your information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver services;
- legal and regulatory authorities, as required by applicable laws and regulations;
- our employees.
VIII. Behavioural Advertising
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you through the Platform or through other platforms. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these Platforms by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
IX. Do not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
X. European Rights
If you are a European citizen or resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European citizen or resident, we note that we may be processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with our Clients, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. We may not have knowledge that our Clients have listed your information in our platform, and if we are unaware of it, we may not be in a position to remove it. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred and processed outside of Europe, including to the United States.
XII. How does the Company use Personal Information?
- to provide you with services requested;
- to identify you and personalize your experience with us;
- to verify your professional credentials (if applicable);
- to process registration and log in to our Website;
- to provide you with newsletters you subscribed to.
- to process any requests or complaints;
- to perform marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Diligend in the circumstances;
XIII. What are Users’ rights to edit their Personal Information?
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all Personal Information that we held about you;
- change or correct your Personal Information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your Personal Information;
- right to access and/or take your Personal Information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information in machine readable form;
- block cookies in your browser by changing its settings;
- ask not to use your personal information for marketing purposes;
- access information we hold about you.
If you want your Personal Information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
XIV. How does the Company secure your Personal Information in the Diligend Platform?
The Company takes the safeguarding of your Personal Information seriously and uses the latest technology to secure the safety and confidentiality of your Personal Information.
We use certain technologies to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. Within our platform (website excluded), Diligend uses several industry-leading security measures to protect your Personal Information, including, without limitation,
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Technology
- Authorization and Data Transfer Security Controls
- Two Factor Authentication
- Single User Session
- Strict Password Policy
- Session Locking
- IP Address Logging
- Security Alerts
Some of these can be enabled, disabled or controlled through the user settings. In addition, several security layers and features have been added to the Diligend platform to protect our users’ accounts and data.
- Extensive penetration and security stress testing measures have been applied on Diligend’ system in order to reach the highest security level.
- Security is audited regularly and approved as per the international security standards OWASP and WASC by a specialised third-party security audit firm.
- Data hosting is SOC (System and Organization Controls) compliant: SOC 1, SOC 2 & SOC 3.
The latest information on the security of the Diligend platform can be found at www.diligend.com/security. Diligend’s data protection officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
The Company may send periodic communication via email, examples of such emails may include a welcome email, verification emails, or any other emails that are required to operate your account such as system notification email. [unsubscribe only]
Users can subscribe to newsletters related to product and Company evolution. You may unsubscribe from these notifications any time by visiting an opt-out page at www.diligend.com/optout.
XVI. Log Data
In addition, we may use third party website visitor tracking services such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and LinkedIn Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Platform’s functionality. These third-party technology service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We use Google Analytics to track, analyze, monitor and report on Site and Platform traffic. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Any information regarding opting out of Google Analytics tracking will be located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are not responsible for the conduct of website visitor tracking tools we might be using. Their respective terms of service and privacy can be found on their websites. If you have a question about those tools, you can reach us at email@example.com.
As noted above, we compile Website usage statistics from data collected through cookies. We may publish those statistics or share them with third-party technology service providers, but they don’t include personal data.
XVII. How long does the Company retain Personal Information?
We retain your personal information for as long as your account is in existence or for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it or as needed to provide you with the services, except if required otherwise by law. Personal information on data backups may not be destroyed immediately but will be destroyed in due course. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or regulatory requirements.
XVIII. Mergers and Acquisitions
XIX. Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process information both inside and outside of the European Union and European Economic Area and rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer information across borders.
XXI. Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.