Effective Date: 13 February 2019
If you provide us with personal information based on the contract between you and Diligend, such contract may contain other details on how we collect and process your personal information.
What is personal information?
When does Diligend collect your personal information?
Diligend collects personal information in a number of ways. We collect your personal information, when you:
- visit, browse, and use our Website;
- fill in registration and other forms;
- send us an email with personal information;
- contact us with any enquiries;
- use any services of Diligend;
- chat with us in customer support form;
- submit any content (e.g. feedback, questionnaires or other User Content);
- provide any information to Diligend using other methods;
- subscribe or unsubscribe to our newsletters.
Diligend may also receive the following personal information:
- information provided by the user during account registration, including, without limitation, personal details, user name, name and surname, email, mobile number, country of residence, place of work;
- information about your professional background and qualifications;
- your gender;
- any other personal information which you directly provide to Diligend; and
- any other personal information requested or required by the Website.
Our Website can be visited anonymously. The Website may process anonymous metadata through cookies such as the URL of the requested file, the amount of data transferred, the date and time of the request from the User, Internet browser information, operating system type, the IP address of the used device, the Internet service provider, reference links such as user clicks on certain links. This metadata cannot be used by the Website to obtain personally identifiable information. This information is only used for general purposes, such as technical improvements, statistical and marketing analysis.
When you visit our Website and use our Services, we may automatically receive some information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device which has accessed it (example PC, tablet);
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .eu, .uk, etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the previous website visited;
- the average duration of page view;
- the navigation behaviour and preferences of the user.
What is the Diligend legal bases for collection of personal information?
Diligend collects and processes personal information about Users and customers only if Diligend has lawful bases. Lawful bases include:
- consent (where you have given consent);
- legitimate interests.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. The legitimate interests are:
- analysing and understanding your behaviour on the Website;
- performing our Services;
- making improvements to the Website and Services;
- enabling us to enhance, customise or modify our Services and communications;
- improving data security;
- determining whether marketing campaigns are effective.
If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Does Diligend collect personal information of minors?
Diligend does not knowingly provide Services and collect personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. Our Services are intended for use only by professionals who are generally 18 years of age and over. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of an individual under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
In what cases Diligend shares your personal information?
Diligend may share your information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver services;
- legal and regulatory authorities, as required by applicable laws and regulations;
- our employees.
The details of our main service provider are as follows:
|Service Provider||Data collected or shared||Purpose||Place of processing|
|Amazon Web Services||Account credentials, including email, name, contact details||Web hosting||EU and US|
Does Diligend collect sensitive information?
We do not collect or request your sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your religious or political beliefs, opinions). Where you have provided it to us voluntarily, you shall be solely responsible for security of any sensitive information, and we do not intend to use this information for any purpose, nor share this information with any third parties. Please do not post or add sensitive and other personal information that you would not want to be publicly available.
How does Diligend use personal information?
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following purposes jointly and/or severally:
- to provide you with services requested;
- to identify you and personalize your experience with us;
- to verify your professional credentials (if applicable);
- to process registration and log in to our Website;
- to provide you with newsletters you subscribed to;
- to process any requests or complaints;
- to perform marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Diligend in the circumstances;
What are Users’ rights to edit personal information?
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information in machine readable form;
- block cookies in your browser by changing its settings;
- ask not to use your personal information for marketing purposes;
- access information we hold about you.
If you want your personal information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does Diligend secure personal information?
We use certain technologies to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. Diligend uses several security measures, including, without limitation, SSL method, two factor authentification, encryption and other industry-leading measures to protect your information.
While we strive to use the latest advanced means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
Our Website sometimes will be sending you communication via email, examples of such emails may include a welcome email, verification emails, or any other emails that are required to operate your account such as system notification email. You can stop some of these emails only if you terminate your account on the Website.
Users can subscribe to newsletters related to product and company evolution. You may unsubscribe from these notifications any time by visiting an opt-out page.
How long does Diligend retain personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as your account is in existence or necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it or as needed to provide you with the services, except if required otherwise by law. However, when you terminate your account, we will still retain your personal information for a period of time. Usually, we will store your personal information for a period of 6 (six) years after you cease being a user of our Services, beginning at the date your account is closed.
Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or regulatory requirements.
Merge of Company
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process information both inside and outside of the European Union and European Economic Area and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer information across borders. Countries where we process information may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Data Controller Person
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at email@example.com.